What are these?

The first two pictures are of a chanterelle. They're in season now and they are a very mild,  yet delicious choice mushroom.  The second two pictures look like a slightly aged white coral fungus.  The next three pictures are a Boletus, but I can't tell for sure if it's a Two Color Bolete or a similar kind.  Very few Boletes are poisonous,  but because some are poisonous and boletes have so many that have similar characteristics,  and many individual kinds of Boletes can vary widely in their appearance,  it makes it difficult to distinguish,  even for a well seasoned mycologist. I would refer you to Steve for that and the others.  

I've been trying to figure out Boletes for about 20 years and there's only a few that I've eaten and they are really really delicious when dehydrated and then rehydrated in soups 

I just came across a group of blue staining Boletes the other day that had rust colored pores and I took a spore print on a slide and still haven't figured out its taxonomy. They're intriguing to me,  but I don't eat many at all until I've figured out the code lol

The first two pictures are of a chanterelle. They're in season now and they are a very mild,  yet delicious choice mushroom.  The second two pictures look like a slightly aged white coral fungus.  The next three pictures are a Boletus, but I can't tell for sure if it's a Two Color Bolete or a similar kind.  Very few Boletes are poisonous,  but because some are poisonous and boletes have so many that have similar characteristics,  and many individual kinds of Boletes can vary widely in their appearance,  it makes it difficult to distinguish,  even for a well seasoned mycologist. I would refer you to Steve for that and the others.  

I've been trying to figure out Boletes for about 20 years and there's only a few that I've eaten and they are really really delicious when dehydrated and then rehydrated in soups 

I just came across a group of blue staining Boletes the other day that had rust colored pores and I took a spore print on a slide and still haven't figured out its taxonomy. They're intriguing to me,  but I don't eat many at all until I've figured out the code lol

The coral fungus is Ramaria formosa. Not edible. The bolete looks like a Brick-cap bolete to me, because the pore surface is not decurrent. Scratch it and if it turns blue immediately then that's what it is. That one will likely make you sick, too. There's a Lactarius in here and some other things but I'm not comfortable attempting to ID them for you.

Bruce 

On 8/8/2023 at 7:36 PM, Bruce said:

The coral fungus is Ramaria formosa. Not edible. 

Bruce 

Can you tell me what in the ramaria causes a reaction or upset stomach? 

Cause like a lot of misconception I hear about Allot of edible mushrooms is a constant recycling of what someone told someone that told someone that told someone and now it's just believed an when you look up information you don't find a whole bunch published. One reason I like the community of the shroomery. c 

Some good info with those people all over the world.

But I eat these well cooked, boiled over 30 minutes or so as well as fried, all types of ramaria! I add them to home made ramen cause it resembles the classic ramen noodles.

I have eaten Ramaria formosa before, by accident, thinking that was I'd collected was growing on buried wood. They did not taste good. Maybe if you cooked them until the cows come home...

I suppose they are edible, because I did not get sick. By that definition, I suspect most mushrooms are "edible." And in fact, every mushroom is edible...once. Experimenting on your own is not the way to go if you expect to live a good, long life.

Regards,
Bruce

Don't say that, " every mushrooms edible once" its entirely ignorant.

And honestly they don't really have a 'heavy taste' to me, I make homemade Raman with them and boy it's freaking delicious, add to soups, they are very good for you.

I just cook them for at least 30 minutes as with all my wild mushrooms cause of all the insects, and other foreign pathogens that could be on them.

But I like how you start flat out telling this person that they aren't edible, then quickly redact and say you've eaten them without any problems, then try to spread your Hysteria along with. Fear mongering is lame, so quit. Unless you have actual knowledge and proof, which it's seems you are null?

You don't get that to much on the shroomery .com, and a lot more trusted people from all over the world, for me Allan Rockefeller I.D.'s a lot of my odd finds I can't seem to identify, along with many other veteran mushroom cultivators and hunters.

I'm going to add a file that talks about all these Edibles and the anti oxidizing, antibacterial, anti tumor, and super nutrition packed fungus it is. 

SIF_6_1_39.pdf

• Thanks 1

Oooo capitals! And It's a collective buddy- of all types of voices and collected knowledge over decades, and guess what....I will lol, and I will be just fine cause I know how to handle /dry/ cook and prepare what I find in class and genus. I'm sorry if you feel offended but when you talk with the "it's toxic" then " I ate some and was fine" later, kinda clearly shows a level of misunderstanding in your understanding of how you pass knowledge on.  

But hey I didn't have to say it was obvious, thankfully you did 😻

I always urge people to have multiple data points to pull from with information on a topic, weather researching for papers, essays or medical data and test results/outcomes. Honestly in all outcomes of life, having multiple points of view or logged true information is worth more than anything, expecialy if it's from multiple different sources. 

But ey drink the Kool aid and don't go to that sight and find out a hefty amount about mushrooms with real logged information. Just saying.....or said......either way I'ma lay in bed......