Welcome!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

These are coming up in my yard after recent rains. They are under a tree and seem to be sprouting from buried roots. Honey mushrooms, or what?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qzMqvJKuMD-kWuh88BNQKlFvWklGOduF

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JSJ7tQKzgw4emkcYHrSy-2maTWTrqSJ-

Thanks,

Bruce

P.S. I apologize for making you click on links, but this site STILL refuses to let me upload images directly for some reason. It suddenly quit working the minute I sent in my HMS membership fee.

I agree with your comment in my post Bruce, you seem to have the same shrooms. Ive noticed some type of fly larva is highly attracted to them, they turned one spot into a pile of mush in a single day : \

On 8/25/2018 at 6:59 PM, Dhuntington said:

Looks like ringless honey mushroom. 

I agree (A. tabescens).

This morning I finally bucked up my nerve, saute'd a few in a minimal amount of butter and ate them. They were quite tasty. Hopefully I won't experience any gastrointestinal effects.

Bruce 

Some people do with honey mushroom. Most dont but that how alot of mushrooms seem to be. Friend of mine cant eat half free morels but can eat yellows and blacks.

3 hours ago, Dhuntington said:

Some people do with honey mushroom. Most dont but that how alot of mushrooms seem to be. Friend of mine cant eat half free morels but can eat yellows and blacks.

Well, I seem to be one of the lucky ones. No untoward effects. I will be eating them again.

Bruce

P.S. I took a spore print beforehand, just to make sure it was white. Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1