Amanita thiersii?

Found these on a drive around greenwood off in a grassy lot. Didn't smell very inviting and the flakes get everywhere. Had a brown liquid on the caps of the flatter ones that held a lot of the odor. Being new to wild mushroom IDing I can't think what phenolic smells like or other weird smells. Wasn't chemically, but a dirty smell, not mushroomy. I can't recall the name of the bush that smells to me like cat pee, but it had that sort of odor. I didn't notice an egg or cup. Spore print was White, didn't taste it, still way too nervous about doing that even though it's regarded as "safe" so long as you don't swallow the flesh. Narrowed down to either Agaricus sp or Amanta sp using Arona's pocket guide key then moved on from there. Didn't take a cross section but can drag them out of the compost pile but might be gross by now as it's been a few days in the heat. Cap and stalk didn't change color when damaged or rubbed repeatedly.

9d28812c-440c-46d2-9447-d4cc1060c7f3.jpg

85dcd0c7-a9e5-4e9a-9000-673da8dce63f.jpg

b9b817d4-cf14-4a3b-b491-72bb784c95b1.jpg

8facbcbe-bf99-4345-be93-04b88712be97.jpg

82683c73-788a-4354-9bd1-efaaf4637cf9.jpg

Edited by Liquid Cultured

15 hours ago, Bruce said:

That's what they look like to me.

Bruce

Thanks :) found some other interesting mushrooms at the park today, one bright red bean looking cluster with what i think was a tap root. Also ended up ordering some chemicals for testing mushrooms in the future.

• Ammonia (NH3)
  • Ferrous sulphate 10%
  • Potassium hydroxide 10%
  • Hydrochloric acid 32%
  • Lugol’s Iodine 5%
Edited by Liquid Cultured