Looking for experts

Hey everybody im new to community and was hoping to meet some pros. Ive been a life long morel hunter (with less than great luck) and in the past couple of years ive started expanding my knowledge about other types of fungi but i still know next to nothing. Im in the pokagon state park area and just wondered if there was anybody in the area that would like to teach a novice. Thanks!

Welcome Mr. Guy..We're all novices.  The smartest of us all doesn't even know 1% of everything there is to know about one mushroom,  but we're learning...lol Really cool user name btw. I live in Northwest Indiana.  I've never found the mother load of morels,  but I have found the Mother Load of many other delectable Micro Rhizome Fungi fruiting bodies. 

Thanks for the reply. Yea there is a lot to learn that's for sure and i want to learn all i can. I started looking into other types of mushrooms so i didn't get skunked all the time when looking for morels and find it more and more fascinating. Im actually about to go pick some pheasant backs here in a little bit! 

I grew up in Butler, IN, if you know where that is.

When it comes to edibles, pheasant backs and morels are about all you'll find this time of year. Mushroom season really starts in July. While you're waiting, try out some books. For a true neophyte, you can't go wrong with "Edible Wild Mushrooms of Illinois and Surrounding States" (https://www.amazon.com/Edible-Mushrooms-Illinois-Surrounding-Kitchen-ebook/dp/B00AJA0ZFG).

Bruce