• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About MasterSchema

  • Rank
  1. I think you are right. I read up on Slippery Jack mushrooms. They look just like those I found and the mushrooms were sticky while picking and very slimy after getting wet. Thanks!
  2. I found a bunch of these mushrooms under some pine/fir trees. I think they are bolete or boletus variety, but can anyone help identify them for me? Are these edible? I washed the mushrooms in this photo so the underside is more brown looking than it really is -- it was yellow when dry. Some of the stems have a red striation to them (King Bolete perhaps?), but most are white to yellow. The flesh of the mushroom is white or yellowish-white. From what I've read most boletes are edible, but some are poisonous and can make you sick (but not deadly) -- is this accurate? Thanks everyone!