Jump to content

Welcome!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

jeannie

Members
  • Content count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    20

jeannie last won the day on October 6 2017

jeannie had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

3 Neutral

About jeannie

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. jeannie

    Is this an edible bolete (Porcini)

    We eat a lot of boletes. The rules I use is if you bruise it or slice it and it turns blue, leave it in the woods. If it does not bruise blue you can put a tiny bit in your mouth to taste if it is bitter and spit it out. These are not poisonous, just too bitter to eat. The ones that are not bitter are safe to eat. Of course always double check in your mushroom ID book. Remember this does NOT pertain to gilled mushrooms.
  2. jeannie

    Found these on the new house

    Honey mushrooms. Should have a white sporeprint.
  3. jeannie

    Mushrooms

    Look like honey mushrooms-should have a white spore print.

About Us

The mission of the Hoosier Mushroom Society is to promote the science of mycology and the study of fungi.
×