TURKEY RUN HUNT

August 27 - Summer Mushroom Hunt - Turkey Run State Park

I'm not finding any info about the hunt.  Is it still scheduled and happening?  Where and what time to meet?  etc.........

I joined this group a few weeks ago, in hopes of learning some new things, hands on, about the types of mushrooms available throughout the year, here in Indiana.  So far, I'm not getting that warm and fuzzy feeling I was expecting when I joined.  Is this group a waste of my time by waiting and expecting things to happen?

2 hours ago, Jim Taylor said:

I joined this group a few weeks ago, in hopes of learning some new things, hands on, about the types of mushrooms available throughout the year, here in Indiana.  So far, I'm not getting that warm and fuzzy feeling I was expecting when I joined.  Is this group a waste of my time by waiting and expecting things to happen?

I'm not a group moderator or anything like that; but I have been around here for several months now. 

Although there are events on the calendar, they don't get announced; and with nothing resembling a trip report afterward it's hard to say if anyone ever shows up. The forums appear to be more active than the forays, and even that's not saying much.

Exactly how many people might be here, I don't know; but I have a hunch that turning things around will require each of us to participate instead of waiting and expecting. Hope this helps!

I just signed up around the beginning of Chanterelle season, this year.  Like Bruce said, the forum seems to be the most active.  Sites like this are only as active as the users on them.  I haven't been on in a couple of weeks,  but I to, wondered about the hunts.  There doesn't seem to be any input or interactivity regarding the hunts,  so i just look at the forum once in awhile.  Please do post things about your findings and heck,  maybe we can do a sheepshead hunt together or a spring morel hunt... 

• Like 1

Jim et al -- To be fair, I should also state that I am *not* a dues-paying member. Dues are $15 a year. It is possible that if you pay dues you will receive more information...maybe even a newsletter. I've seen no clear indications of that, however. 

Having contributed nothing but forum posts towards this club, I have low expectations. I am grateful to whoever is running this site for providing the opportunity to discuss "mushroom things" with you and a few others. The way I see it, I'm already getting something for nothing.

• Like 1

Been a member for a year they were good at posting the dates and times for awile, not sure why they havent been lately. I originally joind to find people that wanted to go on forays but outside of the 2 i went on last summer i havent found anyone that has wanted to, hoping that changes or that i can meet up with some people that would like to meet up and go every so often.

• Like 1

I'd be in for a late September/ early October camping/ hiking/ mushroom hunting trip too.  I just started a post on the forum,  requesting the administrators/ moderators input regarding the scheduling.  I didn't see any rules against posting contact information.  I'll wait a little and see if they're going to respond,  but if not,  maybe we can plan something independently. I just don't want to break any rules.