Welcome!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

There are a lot of these orange fungi popping up and I think they are chanterelles but cannot be sure. Is there anything else these could be from the picture? 

DSC_0775.JPG

DSC_0783.JPG

Those are chanterelles. The only look alike is jacks. I’ll share a couple pics of the jacks.

CFCB24F7-C5FE-4A71-8A17-2BD1B9E36E1A.jpeg

A778BA04-C7FA-4F05-8DB2-386984543F35.jpeg

One of the easiest ways to differentiate Jacks from Chants is the flesh of the Chanterelle is white,  while the flesh of the Jacks is yellowish orange.  And of course, Chanterelles don't glow in the dark...lol

I also had this question. I'm new to this area and found both of these while hiking today and am not sure if they're both chanterelles, or if the lighter one with the longer stalk might be different. Thanks!

275917AE-7D91-48BE-8876-D22AB0682920.jpeg

8DDD512D-4E5C-4FED-96DA-D54D34CE0B04.jpeg

The whiter looking one appears to be an older, more weathered and sun-bleached chanterelle.  If you're looking to make positive IDs for consumption,  Bruce has posted some excellent resources on prior "ID help" threads. I wouldn't eat an older one and even the younger Chants, I cast off the ones that have multiple worm holes visible in the stalk (when sliced). Chanterelle mushrooms are a choice edible and delicious! You should only eat mushrooms that you are 100% positive ID their identification and even then,  use caution