Mccormick creek foray

5 hours ago, Chris Christensen said:

It's on the HMS calendar or schedule of events.  I plan to attend that and brown county the day before.  I've hunted shades with both of you last year.  Hope to see you both again.

Is the calendar your speaking of on a Facebook page? I've checked the calendar on this site and there's nothing. 

For some reason,  the notification link in gmail brings me to the forum in a different layout and in that layout,  the home link doesn't have the scheduled events,  but has a drop down menu, and in that menu,  it does have the "calendar" which doesn't have any events saved on it. However,  when I went directly to the website from my mobile browser,  the schedule appears on the actual home page.  This may be a gmail/ Google issue. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ok.  I now have an account with iNaturalist, a profile there, and am logged in to their account.  I also have an account and profile w Hoosier Mushroom Society and am logged in to this account.  I went to the search box under ‘’projects’’ in iNat, typed in ‘’McCormick Creek Foray’’.  There was no result.  Last year, for the few forays I was able to attend there was a link to the project for each foray in the Hoosier Mushroom Society ‘’Events’’ schedule on the home page, but this year there is not.  I am an internet under- user so I may be missing something so basic that more adept users may not be able to conceive of missing it.  Do I just need to know the correct search term for the project.  Is there even a project ?  Any suggestions ?

Steve Russell used to post the results of a walk or scheduled event on mycomap. It had pics of what we had found with everything identified.  He doesn't do that anymore.  The projects on iNat are for you to join and select to upload your pics along with a voucher slip during those events.  They will be kept and formally identified by experts for a permanent science record/ contribution.  Our HMS walks/forays are not listed as a formal event in iNat.  So if you're looking to see what was collected and identified during an HMS walk there may be no such link,  unless Steve Russell can direct you to one. As for the events listed on the calendar for HMS,  they will only become active very near to the event for signing up. Steve Russell does that himself, to get an idea of how many may show up. Sometimes a scheduled walk doesn't even get cancelled or postponed,  it just gets dropped off the event list a day or so before the event.  It's all a work in progress, so if you're looking for something specific try contacting Stephen Russell on Indiana mushrooms facebook forum. That's the most active group now that Steve has created. All HMS walks are posted there when they become active for sign up. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...