Mushroom cultivation

Mushroom totems on the north side of our chicken coop. Made from freshly-cut maple logs and innoculated with dowel spawn. Left to right: Pleurotus (oyster mushrooms), Lentinula (Shiitake), and Hericium (Lion's Mane).

Wish us luck, we will probably need it. 

Not sure why I still cannot upload any new images to this site. No such tool on the toolbar.

Here is a link to a photo:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1F15CbddG8aOdniD5JcPlmrraqjtsl9UC

I grew Pleurotus and Lentinula many years ago when I first became interested in mushroom hunting (and eating)! My spawn came from Fungi Perfecti. Both were successful. Hericium was not. fyi - I read somewhere that you should let green wood rest a few months before innoculation. However, Pleurotus seems to grow on just about everything. Since my original innoculation, I've simply spread oysters around by lying them on downed wood (relatively fresh). They especially like Tulip. I live in Morgan County In the woods, so we have a lot of mushroom-ready material. Shiitake logs grow mushrooms for several years. So you get a good long harvest from them. I've never innoculated Maple, however.  Good luck!!