Preservation of a mushroom?

Elzo

I'm told it is a Pheasant Back or Dryad's Saddle. That's all I know! But I would love some info on how to preserve it. I'm told I should remove it from the tree and dry it in a hot shed or garage. IF that works I'd like to cover it in some kind of polyurethane to make a plate or platter out of it. Would you be able to point me in the right direction?

Sorry,  but I have never even looked into preserving mushrooms for ornamental purposes.  Every mushroom responds uniquely to various elements,  so unless you can find some info that's been tried and true,  then you may have a learning curve to work through.  Too bad you don't have poorer quality specimens to practice on! 

I hope you can get it figured out.  

Cheers. 

Sorry,  but I have never even looked into preserving mushrooms for ornamental purposes.  Every mushroom responds uniquely to various elements,  so unless you can find some info that's been tried and true,  then you may have a learning curve to work through.  Too bad you don't have poorer quality specimens to practice on! 

I hope you can get it figured out.  

Cheers.